Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Diameter Hose styles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sandy.scott
424 Views, 4 Replies

Multiple Diameter Hose styles

Hi,

I've created a new hose style, with no fittings.

It's based on an content center iPart with a number of possible nominal sizes, one of which can be selected when the style is created or edited.

I would like the use the same style for different size hoses within the assembly.  Is this possible (if so, where is the option to set the nominal size on each route/run instance?), or do I need to create a separate style for each size?

Thanks

Sandy 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Did you publiish as a Tube & Pipe CC component or a standard CC component?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 5

As a Tube and Pipe Conduit Component

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sandy.scott

Sandy...  When you talk about styles are you talking about Tube & Pipe Styles that are assoicated to a Pipe Route/Run?   If so.. Then for every hose, tube, or rigid pipe size, you need a tube & pipe style associated to that size.   Create one for a given size, then copy it and change the nominal dia specified in the style.

Message 5 of 5
sandy.scott
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the Response

I think I was simply confused by the built-in styles, I assumed that they were "ready for use", and as none of them specify a size in their name, I thought there must some other setting that controlled the nominal diameter on the instance of a run/route.

Obviously this assumption is wrong, and the intention is that the built-in styles would need to be copied and modified to suit a user's particular requirements.

Does that sound right?

Regards

Sandy 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report