Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multibody "Content Center" Parts, workflow possible?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
brian
312 Views, 0 Replies

Multibody "Content Center" Parts, workflow possible?

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to, or is anyone using a workflow to combine Multibody Solid master parts and "content center" parts? I am very familiar with multibody parts and skeletal assms using the "make components" type workflow but have very little experience with content center (CC) parts.

I have started a new project in a company that uses a LOT of basic structual steel components and for that reason makes extensive use of content center parts for angles and tube etc. This enables a lot of BOM information to be populated via the content center features.

I am wondering how to mix a nice multibody solid master part with CC part creation?

I can create a master skeletal part using sketch's only and link parameters from the sketch into created CC parts the long hand old school way, but cant help but think that a multibody workflow using solids would make trims, and mitre's etc all a little more visual and easier. Then make components would be a blessing, if it could populate all the CC BOM type information.

As I said I have not used CC parts much and have stuck with iparts etc in the main. The CC parts seem to capture a bit of BOM type textual information, but boy I must admit the "part" files sure seem to be modeled in seem weird and wonderful ways by CC. It takes some getting used to to understand simple EA parts and the way they are built by CC LOL.

I was seriously thinking about taking the common shapes from the sketchs created by CC and creating a sketch block of each and using this for the basis of an extrusion in a multibody part, but that still leaves a lot of BOM style textual information needing to be manually typed for each solid in the multibody part as far as I can see.....

Anyone using a similar workflow and willing to share some tips?

Again since I have shyed away from CC I have not really used frame generator other than a little playing around, I think this would be a little complex for the final assm's required, but may be worth further investigation?

Thanks heaps

Brian

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums