Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multibody part view representation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fakeru
773 Views, 5 Replies

Multibody part view representation

For some multibody parts I use view representation in order to show for example one or more bodies only. For that I  lock the view  representation. Usually I have more than 3 of them. The part can have different configurations. The problem is that when a new solid is made, it will be visible in the locked view representations also. I thought the lock option should work in the same way like for assemblies, because if you lock the view in an assembly new parts wont be visible.

Can this be fixed?

Regards

Alexandru

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
fakeru
in reply to: fakeru

No ideas on this? Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 6
Cadmanto

Alex,

Have you looked into creating an ipart?  Sounds like a perfect canidate for it.

See my attachment.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 6
fakeru
in reply to: Cadmanto

The part is too complicated to use ipart. I use a lot of ilogic rules and a form to make it easy to configurate. The ipart simply can't replace all these things. The part itself is like a project for me, on which I'm working about a year. The 3D work is almost complete. The next thing is that I want to make some kind of idw template for it. The first problem is the one I described above.

I like a lot the fact that from version 2014 (or 2013) you can easily hide solids in idw. At the beginning of the project I knew that this was gong to be possible and I built my model based on this fact. Now this feature has almost lost it's value... 

At least I would like to know if this is a glitch (that hopefully will be fixed) or that the way it is meant to be.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Mario428

@fakeru wrote:

For some multibody parts I use view representation in order to show for example one or more bodies only. For that I  lock the view  representation. Usually I have more than 3 of them. The part can have different configurations. The problem is that when a new solid is made, it will be visible in the locked view representations also. I thought the lock option should work in the same way like for assemblies, because if you lock the view in an assembly new parts wont be visible.

Can this be fixed?

Regards

Alexandru

We also use view representations a lot and run into the same problem occasionally.

A mirrored or patterned part will ignore the locked feature and show up in a representation.

Have had other parts show up regardless of what I did.

So now we go thru our representations before going to IDW and make sure they have the parts only we want to show.

Its a PITA but seems to be the only way since Inventor does not have configurations which would be the simplest way.

Message 6 of 6
3DSetout

Hi Fakeru

. . i just watched a video by 'TEDCFP' on Solid Bodies within parts,

that showed the use of the 'New Solid' Button in the Extrude command for eg

- that makes assemblies of separate pieces within parts that can be made invisible,

then saved as a View in that state. . Where Visibility is changed in the Solid Bodies Folder at top of tree.

This function does not create an external or linked file. it is all within the IPT

. . another video that showed using Part View,

to isolate a Work Plane for constraint placement,

without most of the interfering Part Solids.

Another excellent feature in Inventor that is hidden in plain sight.

MatB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums