Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving text terminator

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
852 Views, 7 Replies

Moving text terminator

Hi Everyone

I have probably a very simple problem but cannot figure out how to do it. I am adding text to a drawing and I want several leaders to be associated with this single text. I add my first text attowhead and then do a add vertex/leader. It will not let me add one unless it is on a linee. And it adds it but then I cannot get it off the line. I have tried holding down the shift, control and alt key before, during and after I have highlighted the arrowhead to move. Does anyone have any idea's beause I'm out of them.

Thanks

Sincerely

Randy

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Randy,

Create your leader text then RC on the leader and select this.

LEADER.JPG

When you select this, select the second place you want the leader and join it with the intersection point as shown below.

LEADER.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Yeah I can do that that is not the problem. I can create the new leader. What I can't do is move the arrow off the line

and place it in space as if you were pointing to the side of the part. Also what do you mean with RC?

Thanks again

Randy

Inventor 2013

Message 4 of 8
Cadmanto

"RC" means Right Click.

No, but what you can do is create a sketch point or small line and point to that with the second arrow.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks Scott

I tried the sketch points but I had to finish the sketch before I could add my text and when I did, iit wasn't

visible and It would not give me a visibility option. I decided to just add 4 different text leader lines with no text involved

and try to get the lines as close as I could. You wouldn't think that this wouldn't be such a big deal but I guess it is.

Thanks again

Rabdy

Message 6 of 8
Curtis_Waguespack

@Anonymous wrote:

...What I can't do is move the arrow off the line and place it in space as if you were pointing to the side of the part.

Hi rgraham817,

I might be missing something, but if you use the method that Cadmanto suggested to add leaders to a Leader Text object, you can then click on the arrowhead point and move it off of the line.

Note that the arrowhead "sticks" to the line a bit, but it can be moved.

You might just need to zoom out a bit to be able to move away from the line enough for the "stickyness" to let go.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Autodesk Inventor Leader Text-01.png

Message 7 of 8

Thanks Curtis.

That is exactly what I was talking about.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks Curtis and Cadmanto

The stickyness was was was throwing me off. I was expecting to click on the arrow and as soon as the move icon

came up you were off and running. WRONG! Anyway, I see the delay you were talking about and now I can move the arrowheads off the line. Thanks a million.

Very Respectfully

Randy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report