Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Iparts to a new directory

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
areynolds
154 Views, 2 Replies

Moving Iparts to a new directory

I have an assembly where I use several Ipart components. I did a Pack-N-Go and moved these assemblies to a new directory. In the new directory I am able to launch the assembly IF I use the project file created in the Pack-N-Go command. When I use the PNG project file, I launch the assembly. Swap the Ipart "kid" with its parent Ipart and then back again. I offset a new workplane and delete it. Then I save the assembly. When I use the project file for the directory I sent the parts to Inventor is no longer able to Locate the Iparts. The Iparts are stored in the same directory as the assembly and the Ipart "kids" are in a subdirectory as named by the Ipart. Issue is the common project file will be used by my peers for future revisions. I expect this group has already covered the issues of Ipars and project files however my search through the discussion did not yield any resolutions. Any help would be appreciated!!!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: areynolds

What do you mean you swapped it with the parent and back again?

--
Kent
Assistant Moderator
Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"Anita" wrote in message news:f1940ef.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
Swap the Ipart "kid" with its parent Ipart and then back again. I offset a new workplane
and delete it.
Message 3 of 3
areynolds
in reply to: areynolds

Replaced it in the model tree (browser) with a different "kid" the one at the top level. I was attempting to force IV to recognize the new home for the Ipart. This works with the project file from PNG not for the one generic to the directory. If I use the project file generic to the directory. IV informes me "Failed to find valid Ipart Factory."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report