Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mould Side Core Issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RKCADSERV
834 Views, 2 Replies

Mould Side Core Issue

Hi All,

I have a question for all the mould designers out there! How do you control the number of side actions when designing multi impression tools?

I recently completed a job for a customer where the requirement was to have a 2 impression tool with one side action to control both of the impressions. I found that if you pattern a part within the mould design environment and then apply a side action, the side actions would be copied to each of the patterned parts. I have created a test part to try and illustrate this (which is way out of size and proportion!):-

Pic1.JPG

Even if I combine the inserts, I still get the same effect.

Anyone have any suggestions to over come this?

Thanks for any help in advanced.

Regards,

Rob K

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MingweiGao
in reply to: RKCADSERV

Hello, Currently, slider not supports multi-side cores in different cores/cavities, because of slider assembly is placed below each sub core&cavity assembly. Please refer to the attached picture - Slider assembly in Mold.png. I have to say the workaround of this issue is not easy to do and you may have a try with the following method: Firstly, you need to prepare a suitable slider assembly(from your picture, your side core is very small and you may need to adjust the dimensions of each components). You can get the slider components from any mold design. Refer to the attached picture - Slider components.png Secondly, you can place the slider assembly as a normal assembly by Place command into your mold design(below the top mold assembly, not sub core&cavity assembly). Refer to the attached picture - Place command.png Thirdly, you can combine the side core into the slider and pattern the slider assembly as needed. Finally, you need to trim the moldbase and/or core&cavity manually.

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3

Here are the images.

Daniela Koloszko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report