Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion to hydraulic cylinder in dynamic simulation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mech_royalabhi
2123 Views, 4 Replies

Motion to hydraulic cylinder in dynamic simulation

Dear ,

Curtis_Waguespack

Sir, i need ur help for simulating the hydraukic cylinder in dynamic simulation. i have a cantilevered arm and  i want  to rotate it with hydraulic cylinder. the total load on the arm is 25 tons. please explain me how this can be done. n i want to find out the force/pressure required to tilt the 25 tons load.

thanking you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: mech_royalabhi

More information is needed.

The location and distance between pivot points is needed.

Is the load along the entire length of the cantilever or is it at the end of the cantilever?

Can you attach the assembly here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
JDMather

I was going to give this as an assignment to my class - but we need more information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 5

Hi mech_royalabhi,

I just noticed this post. As JDMather mentioned there are a lot of details needed still in order for someone to help you with this. Attaching your assembly would likely be the best bet.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 5
donkersg

Hey all,

Have got a solution for your question?

For a comparable mechanisme with several hinges / levers I try to discover the forces of 2 hydraulic cylinders in the mechanisme to get a mechanical balance for a certain unbalance at the end of the construction.

The model is made with derived blocks.

The model is constrained and can only make the realistic movements.

Now the cylinders are modelled as as a single line, but not constrained at both ends with a point-point constrain to the rotating points,

One end is a point-point and the other end is a point-line constrain to keep the model flexible.

How to get answers from the model for the resulting forces of the cylinders to get a balanced model?

Thanks in advance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report