Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one version installed on the same comptuer?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
craftbilt
730 Views, 2 Replies

More than one version installed on the same comptuer?

Ist it o.k. or recommneded to have both the 2012 and 2013 versions of AutoDesk Product Design Suite - Premium installed on the same computer?  Our design engineers would like this so they can learn the new version while still using the old version, but I'm concerned about the two versions conflicting with each other on the same PC.

Any advice or recommnedations would be appreciated.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: craftbilt

No problems with IV2012 and IV2013 residing on the same machine as long as you don't update the IV2012 files by working on them with IV2013 as you won't be able to open them in the older version.

Make sure you read the changes to the Material and Styles. You will need to import your custom libraries first before migrating your data if you have any custom materials and colors.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: craftbilt

I typically have the current version and two previous ones on my computer.  One rule-- only one version open at a time.  Since Inventor registers itself with the OS for right-click access in Explorer, having two different versions open is likely to produce confusion in the OS, and a confused OS is never a happy situation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report