Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model or Drawing not saving Properly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Neil_j51
307 Views, 6 Replies

Model or Drawing not saving Properly

Good Morning,

I am using Inventor 2012 and lately it seems that I crash at least once or twice daily, when working with a large assembly. The problem is that, I save quite offen, but when I do crash, and reopen the file, it isn't the lastest version. Is there something, I can dso to prevent this.

I have updated to all of the latest service patches.

please help

NeilJ

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: Neil_j51

Obviously if you havent saved a file after any changes have been done and the program crashes before you do save those latest changes then it won't have your changes done after you last saved and before it crashed..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
Neil_j51
in reply to: mcgyvr

I realize that would be the logical answer, but I save several times why'll in the model an/or drawing, and still it goes back to the last check-in
Message 4 of 7
mcgyvr

using vault?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 7
Neil_j51

Yes, the only way to completely save the model an/or drawing is to check-in and create several versions, which is fround upon.

Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr

well I don't use vault so this might not be correct at all.. but am just trying to help..

I'd assume that after a crash you are checking the file back out of vault again.. Can't you just reopen the local file which should include the latest saves vs having to check out the file again..

Message 7 of 7
Neil_j51

I appreciate the help, I have re-opened the file, using both technics and it does make a difference, neither one is the current. It just doesn't seem to save as I go along.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report