Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Density Weight

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Cadmanto
1291 Views, 23 Replies

Model Density Weight

We have the weight of our models in the titleblock.

The problem I have having is if I check this model/drawing set in and out of the vault I have to constantly

go back to the model properties and select "Update" to get the value to populate in the titleblock.

This is a pain given that sometimes this is not caught until after the drawing is printed.

Isn't there a setting somewhere that maintains the weight value in the drawing?  Or is this something that needs to be addressed and a short coming of the software.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
cwhetten
in reply to: Cadmanto

I don't see any reason you couldn't have it both in your template and as an external rule, but I'm not sure it would be necessary.  If it is an external rule, your new documents could still see it.  External rules are available all the time, to every document, so I think it would serve both needs equally well.

You can save a rule as an external rule by saving it as a txt file or a vb file.  Then you tell Inventor where to look for the file(s).  You do this by going to the Tools tab, clicking on the drop-down arrow for the Options panel, and choosing the iLogic Configuration command (see below).  With this command you can specify one or more folders where Inventor should look for external rules.  If you want your whole team of designers to see the same rules, you could specify a network folder or a vaulted folder.

External Rules.png

And thank you for the welcome!  I should officially get the fancy title sometime in the next couple of weeks, I think.  I'll be in good company, for sure.  Smiley Very Happy

-cwhetten

Edited to insert image.

Message 22 of 24
Cadmanto
in reply to: cwhetten

Maybe I don't need both, but I am liking the way the new template runs the rule.  I am also thinking if this is running in the background it might be easier for others in the department to use it.  But it is nice to know that there is another option to grandfather this in to the older files.

You are most welcome.  You will be a nice addition.  Smiley Wink

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".
Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 23 of 24
Cadmanto
in reply to: cwhetten

I got it working with the external rule.  One thing I will add for those in the future that need this thread.

Once you have the folder specified as per your instructions when you get the iLogic Browser up you need to RC on the directory to add the rule.

rule.PNG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 24 of 24
cwhetten
in reply to: Cadmanto

Ah, good catch Scott.  I forgot that!

-cwhetten

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report