Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Animation

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
djh692
330 Views, 6 Replies

Model Animation

I have created a 3D model of a gimble, with a supporting frame, an outer frame rotating about one axis, and another frame rotating withing that on another axis. When I have the assembly in the 'assemble' view, I have defined my constraints and can rotate the outer and inner frames independantly. When I switch to the 'studio' environment and try to animate the assembly, the inner frame can be animated, however the outer frame won't move.

Daniel Hutton
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: djh692

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of hyperlinks to the part files (*.ipt) and a record of assembly constraints (and a bit more).

You must include the part files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
djh692
in reply to: JDMather

Ah, I thought that might be the case, i will have to post twice to include all parts

thanks,

daniel

Daniel Hutton
Message 4 of 7
djh692

Daniel Hutton
Message 5 of 7
djh692

Daniel Hutton
Message 6 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: djh692

I would add angle constraints to control the motion (you won't be able to free drag - but will be able to operate more realistically.

Then I would Animate Constraints the angle constraints.

Better yet -

don't use the angle constraints (although your motor shafts should be connected to frames) and start learning the Environments>Dynamic Simulation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
djh692

Much appreciated!
Daniel Hutton

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report