Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing parts in DWF

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
aireek
678 Views, 7 Replies

Missing parts in DWF

I have an assembly file I made in Inventor 2011 that I published to DWF. When I view it in Design Review 2013 not all the parts are visible. If I zoom in on the area that they are suppose to be, they magically appear, but can't get a good view of the whole assembly that way. This trick doesn't work for all missing parts. I have tried to hide/unhide the missing parts, but that does nothing. Any Help?

I would like to share this with my customer, but I need it to work on my machine first.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: aireek

i have seen this happen on my own workstation at times especially after spinning the dwf around and zooming in and out a few times, when i have set dwf/ design review in perspective view mode.

i suspect it is probably more of a video / graphics issue.

if you have it set to perspective try setting back to normal & also probably i would try it on different workstation, updating graphics drivers etc. for comparison.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 8
aireek
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

Thanks Mark. I tried changing to perspective view and back couple times with no change. As for the video card, I don't have an issue inside Inventor and how can I guarantee my customer will have the correct video card. Just doesn't make sense to have a free viewer for everyone to use if everyone has to upgrade their video card to use it

I tried a couple other Assemblies and they seem to work, their not quite as big either.

Message 4 of 8
Mark_Wigan

just as a test, try dragging the file into internet explorer for comparison.

and see if it performs any differently.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 5 of 8
aireek
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

Dragging the file to IE doesn't change anything.

This morning I have made some changes to a few of the parts in the assembly. I just tried exporting to DWF again and a few more parts disappeared. I went back into Inventor adjusted the current view and re-exported. Now I can see all but one part in Design Reviewer.

Message 6 of 8
aireek

Now after playing with opening that missing part and re-saving, changing current view, changing publish options, closing and reopening Inventor... I have more missing parts than my original.

Message 7 of 8
guru.srs

Bumping the discussion.

Any solutions for this problem?

Inventor 2012; Viewer 2013

Regards

Guru Rao

Becker mining

Message 8 of 8
guru.srs
in reply to: guru.srs

Just noticed that if I export file to 3D pdf using tetra4D add-in, the same problem shows up. Smaller assemblies export fine in both DWF and 3D pdf. Must be Inventor problem, not DWf viewer issue

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report