Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirroring a "frame generator" assembly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jeffcad
879 Views, 7 Replies

Mirroring a "frame generator" assembly

I need to mirror a frame generator assembly. Is this possible? I've attached a bmp of the assembly. What I show is what needs to get mirrored to make the complete frame for a chute bed, bolted together. Frame generator is much easier to use, rather than a conventional assy (drawing the angles, cutting, coping, etc.) but if I can't mirror the assy. it is of no use to me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BMiller63
in reply to: jeffcad

if you drop this frame into an upper level assembly, and then mirror it will that work for you?

One of the things folks seem to overlook is the idea of building, small sub frames when using frame generator.
Message 3 of 8
jeffcad

Bmiller63,
Thanks for your input. I did try to insert the frame into a upper level assy, then mirror it. It did some strange things. I actually mirrored one of the pieces, but the rest of them just stayed the same. The new mirrored assy was mostly exploded with nothng fitting together. Not sure why the one piece actually mirrored and the rest didn't. Your right about the sub frames, I don't think frame generator is set up for that. Any other suggestions you may have, I would like to hear them.
Message 4 of 8
BMiller63

you might review your steps to mirroring, or post some example files, here is a screen shot of me mirroring a simple frame that works as expected. hope this helps
Message 5 of 8
jeffcad

Bmiller63,
I did the mirroring per your screen shot, it didn't work because I was just re-using the parts, so they didn't mirror, it just created the same assy. However, it got me thinking...if I unchecked the "Reuse standard content and factory parts" check box, what would happen. It worked, by god!!! I'm attaching my screen shots so you can see the results. Thanks for getting me to dig deeper. I'll send another post to show the other picture, only 1 per post is allowed.
Message 6 of 8
jeffcad

Heres the second screen shot
Message 7 of 8
BMiller63

glad to hear that worked, I hadn't thought about the "Reuse standard content " button being the issue.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

If you save your images as JPG, they will be smaller and upload faster as
well as down-load faster for us.

--
Dell M90 - FX2500m 1920x1200 32bit
Win XP-Pro sp3
4gb mem
Nvidia: Driver: 156.83 Bios: 5.71.22.16.16
IV20010-Pro Suite SP1
AVG 8.5
SpaceTraveler 3.7.18
AVG 8.5
wrote in message news:6368589@discussion.autodesk.com...
Heres the second screen shot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report