Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate styles to Inventor 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
796 Views, 6 Replies

Migrate styles to Inventor 2013

When I try and migrate an old Inventor 2011 material library to Inventor 2013 using the migrate tool from the material browser I keep getting this error:

Migrate Legacy Color/Material Library: problems encountered while executing this command.
One or more color/material names were changed during the migration process.

What does this error mean and how do I fix it? Thanks for the help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like this error may be expected for certain things but after clicking the "accept" button, nothing happens. Also, if I open an existing file and use the save style to library command... the material doesn't save. Nothing seems to work on the new library.

Message 3 of 7
blair

The attached PDF might help

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I read that PDF already. Something just isn't working like it should. No matter what I do, no importing or saving to works. The only thing that works is creating a material from scratch.

Message 5 of 7
blair

Possibly you may have to export out your existing Material Style and create a new Library in 2013 and Import. I don't have 2011 around to work with.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 7
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: blair

Same problem with Inventor 2012.

Any ideas?

Message 7 of 7
roger.dircks

I have the same issue trying to migrate my 2011 material and color styles to the 2014 materal and appearances libraries.

@Thomas: did you already fix the problem?

@others: does anybody have an idea?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report