Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microstation 3D model to Inventor workflow

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eucci
497 Views, 2 Replies

Microstation 3D model to Inventor workflow

If anyone has some insight/experience with converting 3d models from Microstation for use in Inventor I'd appreciate any help I can get.

I'm working on a portion of a large civil job (subway station) that was modeled in microstataion. So far, they sent me a massive .iges file that I can import into inventor. Unfortunately, the solid objects are deformed and dimensionally innacurate after the conversion. Does anyone know what the best filetype is for this sort of conversion? My understanding is that I should ask for parasolids (binary .x_b or text .x_t). Is there a preference with binary compared to text?

So far we're speaking different languages and not making any progress.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: eucci

When opening the IGES be sure to select Options and turn off any healing/quality check/autostitching as this might change the geometry.

I thing the only thing different with the Parasolid is human readable text code or not (and of course file size).  I would opt for the binary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

I use STEP (stp) as my neutral 3d format of choice instead of IGES.. I've had problems with iges in the past..Switched to STEP and never looked back..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report