Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging .idw files?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ibaustin
2017 Views, 3 Replies

Merging .idw files?

I have two *.idw files I would like to merge together and use some pages from one and some pages from the other to make a complete package instead of having to start over from scratch. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Millehuse
in reply to: ibaustin
Message 3 of 4
coreyparks

Quite simple actually.  In the browser of the drawing you want to copy from right click on one of the sheets you would like to copy.  Then go to the drawing you are coping to and right click in a clear area of the browser and select paste.  Mix and match sheets to your hearts content.  Just keep in mind that the first part inserted into your drawing will drive your title block information so insert sheets accordingly.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 4 of 4
BMiller63

open IDW-1 and rightclick on Sheet1 in the browser, then open IDW-2 and right-click in the browser and choose paste.

I'm going from memory, so the exact clicks might vary just a bit, but it's close.

nevermind, it looks like I was too slow!

Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report