Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure Distance tool window

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Vacherie18
456 Views, 6 Replies

Measure Distance tool window

Does anyone know of a way I can use the Measure Distance tool in a model to get a distance, AND then leave that window open after exiting the command.

Reason: So I can take measurements and not have to write them down to use for whatever the next task would be.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
admaiora
in reply to: Vacherie18

To my knowledge you can't.

Maybe something with iLogic..?

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
jeanchile

I just copy and paste it (highlight then ctrl+c and ctrl+v). Will that be of any help to you? I've also used a Word document on one of my other screens to copy and paste into that with descriptions about what each dimension was. Not elegant but effective for what I had to do at the time.
Inventor Professional
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Wouldn't it be great to be able to have the measure command stay open while performing other tasks?

Also would be nice to have a history of measurements taken. 

Message 5 of 7
mrattray
in reply to: Anonymous

The are MANY things that "would be nice" with the measure command. Even FreeCAD has better measure tools than Inventor.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 7
coreyparks

I thought most of the commands allowed you to take the measurment while running the command.  Hit the little arrow next to where you enter your distance and you will see the measure option.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 7 of 7
IgorMir

That request has been asked for as long as I can remember. And that is from IV7 days. Yet - to use a pencil is the best answer offered so far. Keep those pencils sharp! LOL!

Regards,

Igor.

@Vacherie18 wrote:

Does anyone know of a way I can use the Measure Distance tool in a model to get a distance, AND then leave that window open after exiting the command.

Reason: So I can take measurements and not have to write them down to use for whatever the next task would be.

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report