Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Geometry Reproduced in Inventor???

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
386 Views, 4 Replies

Maya Geometry Reproduced in Inventor???

I have a piece of geometry that was originally created in Autodesk Maya.  I'm trying to reproduce the same geometry in Inventor, but I'm having some difficulties.  I don't know if there's an inherent limitation in the inventor software, or am I just ignorant of the proper technique used in Inventor to produce such geometry...  I've enclosed a photo of the geometry that was created in Maya; it's the bottom cylindrical base portion of the object with multiple oblique nurbs surfaces that can be created in a surface package like Maya, but difficult to produce in a 3D solid environment like inventor...  I appreciate any assistance that I can get on this...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

What formats does Maya output? dwg? stp? igs? sat?

Can you post the geometry in a file format that Inventor imports?

Looks pretty simple to me.
Is the bottom face planar.

I suspect if this can be done in Inventor than your part can be done - attach what you have attempted so far.

Car Seat.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Yes?- It seems simple when you first look at it, but it only seems that way...? When you actually try to construct the geometry in inventor, that you realize there are no tools available to you that allow for the construction of revolved features with symmetrical patterns on the frontal faces of the geometry, also there are no tools in inventor that allows for you to loft to such faces from a symmetrical or fixed surface...? If I'm wrong, please tell me...? Also, I'm not interested in importing the geometry in a defined format.? That's the easy way out...? I WANT A WAY TO CONSTRUCT THE SAME GEOMETRY IN INVENTOR!
Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
 I'm not interested in importing the geometry in a defined format.? That's the easy way out...? I WANT A WAY TO CONSTRUCT THE SAME GEOMETRY IN INVENTOR!

Someone will need to see your original geometry to show you how to do it in Inventor.

Export it in some format that Inventor will import and attach the file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: JDMather

What does a curvature analysis show here?

Curvature.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report