Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximize Performace on Inventor 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Chris
964 Views, 3 Replies

Maximize Performace on Inventor 2013

I have a ridiculously expensive computer and Inventor still crashes on me. The latest scenario was designing gravel which I did by creating multiple rocks with splines. I made a small section, which the computer recgonized with relative ease, but when it came to patterning the rocks, it crashed, or a very long load time.

I've noticed this before with intricate spline curve drawings. Am I not utilizing the most performance out of the software?

Each time it show it's loading, the proccesor is around 5% usage, and the RAM is at 20% usage. I haven't checked the usage on the hard drive and graphics card.

Specs:

Operating System  MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 CPU  Intel Core i7  @ 2.40GHz 45 °C  Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology RAM  32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24) Motherboard  Dell Inc. 04YY4M (CPU 1) 25 °C Graphics  Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)  DELL P2211H (1920x1080@60Hz)  DameWare Development Mirror Driver 64-bit  NVIDIA Quadro 5010M Hard Drives  733GB Seagate ST9750420AS (RAID) 46 °C  733GB Seagate ST9750420AS (SATA) 40 °C Optical Drives  MAT****A BD-RE UJ252 Audio  IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Chris

Chris,

There are issues in some of the Intel MKL functions that we are currently investigating; these seem to impact certain operations where complex splines are used on multi-core machines; this may be your issue.

Do you have hyper-threading enabled ? If so, then please try disabling that & retrying whatever was crashing with the complex splines.

Alternatively, once Inventor is running, go to Task Manager, Processes, & Rt click Inventor.exe, Set affinity, & only select a single CPU/core.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Chris
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

There wasn't as much lag, but it cuased my 3d mouse to stop working. I had to restart. Hopefully I won't have to deal with splines to often

Message 4 of 4
mats_skold2
in reply to: Chris

Try to uninstall the "DameWare Development Mirror Driver 64-bit", Control Panel, Device Manager, Display Adapters.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report