Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Math & Trig Functions

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
StuartMoore
3157 Views, 12 Replies

Math & Trig Functions

Where can I find details of the correct syntax for Math & Trig functions for equations in parameters?
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: StuartMoore

In the Help file, search for Edit Box Reference. Mike "StuartMoore" wrote in message news:13104293.1077558281179.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Where can I find details of the correct syntax for Math & Trig functions for equations in parameters?
Message 3 of 13
StuartMoore

The search found nothing of use. Can you be more specific?
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

It should have turned up lots of things. Try this instead, I think it might narrow the hits down algebraic operators -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "StuartMoore" wrote in message news:31268272.1077559464225.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > The search found nothing of use. Can you be more specific?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Search for "cos" in the Help, and Inventor will list the following topics: Edit box parsing example table Edit box reference HTH, Glenn
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

http://www.mossdesigns.com/inventor-tips.htm "Glenn Chun (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:403a57f1$1_3@newsprd01... > Search for "cos" in the Help, and Inventor will list the following topics: > > Edit box parsing example table > Edit box reference > > HTH, > Glenn > >
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

http://www.mossdesigns.com/inventor-tips.htm "StuartMoore" wrote in message news:13104293.1077558281179.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Where can I find details of the correct syntax for Math & Trig functions for equations in parameters?
Message 8 of 13
StuartMoore

Thanks for your help but I still cannot get IV to do what I want.
I am trying to create a sphere using the volume to drive the radius. I make a user parameter called SpereVolume and input the volume I want. I am not sure of the units to use here since IV only allows litres or gallons. However, it shouldn't matter if the number is unitless since it is only being used to calculate a radius which has mm units. The equation I am using to calculate the radius is:
=((3*ShereVolume)/(4*pi))^(1/3)
IV's response to this is "Unable to parse equation".

Any ideas would be most welcome.
Message 9 of 13
StuartMoore

A further observation: if I replace pi with the numerical value IV accepts the equation but the answer it gives is exaxtly 10x too big and the equation stays red in the box.
Message 10 of 13
StuartMoore

OK, I worked it out. Volume must be entered as litres and pi should be PI.
Message 11 of 13
JamaL9722060

How can I calculate the tan inverse of a particular value?

For example, if I need to calculate the tan-1(-1) = -45

Thank you for the help

Best

Jamal.

Clip_817.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
Message 12 of 13
nannerdw
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Message 13 of 13
JamaL9722060
in reply to: nannerdw

Thank you for the answer nannerdw. it works now

best

Jamal

Clip_820.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report