Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Colours Selection in Autodesk Inventor v2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SORJM
355 Views, 3 Replies

Material Colours Selection in Autodesk Inventor v2013

There are too many changes in selecting material colours in Inventor v2013. Any tips regarding selection of colours, as like selecting Stainless Steel colour.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: SORJM

Yes there was a MASSIVE change to how colors/styles work in 2013 and on..

This should answer most of your questions I believe (the PDF and the wiki links)

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2012/07/migrating-to-2013-materials-and-colors-tre...

and make sure you are up to date on service packs,etc... 2013 had quite a few bugs related to appearances I believe.. Hopefully they have addressed them by now. This is the #1 reason I didn't load 2013.. Now that 2014 is out I have loaded that and will move it to production shortly. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
SORJM
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for the valuable suggestion. I found this Link helpfull to some extent.

What is your experience in relation to Colour selection with Inventor Version 2014? 

Regards

Nisheeth Srivastava

3D Parametric Solid Model Drawings

Message 4 of 4
blair
in reply to: SORJM

Some clean-up to 2014, but it's pretty much the same as 2013.

With 2013 and 2014, it really is much easier not to mess up. The Material contains density and physical properties and has a default Appearance. This allows you to select Steel as a material, your part will update it's weight to Steel. If you use FEA, it will use the Steel properties for the FEA.

The Appearance tab allows you to only change/over-ride the Appearance/color. It will still be Steel with all it's physical properties but instead of the default "Grey", it will be the "Finnish/appearance" you choose. It can be easily changed back to the default by clearing the Over-rides.

If you have added custom materials and finishes to your 2013 library, you need to migrate this to your new 2014 library before you migrate any files. The same can be said if you are moving from 2012 to 2013.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report