Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match Properties

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Talayoe
7375 Views, 7 Replies

Match Properties

Good Morning all,

I am a fairly decent user of Autocad Mechanical and something I have been missing since my trip to inventor about a year ago (and keep forgetting to ask all you pro's!) is...where (if?) is the 'Match Properties' button like in Mechanical? If I have 100 (per say) diameters that I have dimensioned but none of them save for 1 have the Ø symbol, double click on each, edit the text, move to front of text, hit little symbol box and select Ø and hit ok....it is kind of cumbersome.

Just looking for a faster way to do similar dimensioning like Acad does.

tks! 🙂

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: Talayoe

See if this link helps you.

http://grabcad.com/questions/does-inventor-2011-have-a-match-properties-button

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 8
jletcher

May I ask why you are missing the Ø in the 1st place?

Message 4 of 8
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi Talayoe,

You can select the source dimension and then right-click and choose Copy Properties, then window select or individually select the target dimensions to apply the same dimension properties and text/symbol additions.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 8
Talayoe
in reply to: jletcher

J,

I am missing the Ø because i am dimensioning a sectioned drawing (in this case, but the Ø was only used as an example). In said sectioned drawing you do not get the chamfer cross lines that you can grab. With those cross lines it will auto-display that symbol. If you dont have them and just grab outside points you dont get. For this instance is there a better way to alway get the Ø symbol?

That being said, and being the example, I see many other uses for this. Similar tolerancing, decimal places, style changes (decimal to fractional ect). Know what I mean? Its not just limited to Ø as per the example.

Cadmanto, interesting but I could get it to work that way. Tks for the input tho!

Curtis, that was exactly what I was looking for. Tks! 🙂

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 6 of 8
jletcher

I see,  no I just want to know so I can think of ways of doing things keeps my mind going...

You can always learn from others as long as you understand why they do it..

Message 7 of 8
ivan.carrasco

Hello,

I know it's been a while since this question was posted, however, I found no proper answer while I had this same question (I'm using Inventor Pro 2015).

We are depicting wire routing within an electrical chassis and in order to prevent so many crashes I'll draw the routing in AutoCAD and paste it into inventor. Well the lineweight was significantly lighter, hence the reason for searching for answers.

Picking one line at a time is cumbersome and extremely time consuming.

What I discovered on my own was while in sketch mode (within an inventor drawing) select the geometry that needs to have the line type,  lineweight, or layer changed (by cross window), then go to the Format cascading menu and simply change the property that needs changing. All selected lines will change and it will be far fewer clicks (see screen shot for before and after results).

MatchPropertiesSolved.jpg

Message 8 of 8
Hunteil
in reply to: ivan.carrasco

Now if only there was something useful for matching text style inside of text edit... i.e. style is corrected by the pull down, but now I need font=simplex, text size=.94, 95% wide, center hor and vert... I have 1 text item ready was the match property parent... but no match property tool. 😞

Model States is not a replacement for iParts / iAssemblies. It does not have all the same features yet and does not communicate well with our large currently in use libraries. 😞 https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/model-state-support-tabulated-parts-list/idc-p/11360616

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report