Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master model/assembly mates/material and appearance problems in Inventor

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
391 Views, 3 Replies

Master model/assembly mates/material and appearance problems in Inventor

Hi,

This week I have had a slew of first time issues while modeling in Inventor (issues that I have not had doing similar activities over the last two months).

1. Assembly not updating on clicking Local Update from changes made in master model, can sometimes get it to update if I close the assembly and reopen it.

2. Material/appearance not updating or showing wrong color (such as light red)- even when changed in master model

3. Assembly constraint mates not updating until I click and try to move the part after adding the constraint

I checked the Update Manager and didn't find any updates for Inventor that I haven't installed, just updates for other programs.

Are these known issues? What can I do to fix them?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

The behavior does not seem right to me. But, I need more specifics in order to tell where the problem is. Please attach the files here or send them to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). If the files are larger than 20MB, I can set up a secure account for you to upload.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hello,

Thanks for the reply; my files are just over your limit. Let me know where
I can send it.

Best,
Bianca
Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! Please send me an email (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com) and I will set up a secure account for you to upload.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report