Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass HUD

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rmerlob
370 Views, 5 Replies

Mass HUD

Is there a way to have the mass show somewhere a bit more accesible than inventor/iproperties/physical/update?

I´m thinking a small number on the edge of the graphics window. I doesnt necesarily have to update automaticallyt but the update mass should do it.

Anyone else interested in something like this? Do you think it would be possible to do it in VBA so I look into it?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DeerSpotter
in reply to: rmerlob

If you have 2 monitors, you can open up explorer or any window click on it, and any msgs in inventor will show up centered on the active window.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 3 of 6
RobJV
Message 4 of 6
stephengibson76

take a look at this part, inventor 2012, its only a test but seems to work ok

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 5 of 6
RobJV
in reply to: RobJV

side note:  if the mass app does not come up for you, you may have to login.

Message 6 of 6
SeanFarr

This would be a really cool option to have built in, like Excel has for SUM...

Built into the UI, on the bottom, if there is a part or parts, total mass is displayed based on units applied in the application options,

but if some parts were selected, then the mass would display the total for the selected parts!

is this possible to add in with VBA? Maybe this could be my first VBA programming attempt! (or too big of a step for someone who has no programming background??)

haha

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report