Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 1 of 5 (111 Views)
Accepted Solution

Marking menu customization omission

111 Views, 4 Replies
06-06-2012 11:06 AM

I've been forcing myself to acclamate to the new marking menu and gestures system.  I'm starting to get used enough to them to see that it's really worth it.  Thanks AutoDesk for a kick **** feature! (no sarcasm, for once)

I've found that the defualts are crap for what I do in IV, which is fine because I can customize it to whatever I do use.

However, when I RMB on a component pattern it displays a unique menu for which there appears to be no option for under customization. I'd really like to replace the craptastic useless options with things that I actually use.

By the way, why does AutoDesk neglect component patterns so much? They deserve love, too!

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

*Pro
jletcher
Message 2 of 5 (110 Views)

Re: Marking menu customization omission

06-06-2012 11:14 AM in reply to: mrattray

Thats funny mine are the same as if I was just left click on part then right click only time I have dif is if I was not one a part or pattern.. Unless you are talking about the list below the marking menu..

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(
*Pro
jletcher
Message 3 of 5 (107 Views)

06-06-2012 11:17 AM in reply to: mrattray

Did you see if was under the Sub-Enviroment. I think the placed Features is what you are looking for....

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(
*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 4 of 5 (106 Views)

06-06-2012 11:18 AM in reply to: jletcher

Interesting. No, I'm not talking about the standard context menu but the radial "marking menu". The one coinciding with gestures. I tried to screen cap my three menus, but the snipper wouldn't cooperate with me for it. Anyways, I did triple check, I have three unique menus for RMB on empty space, RMB on component, RMB on pattern.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 5 of 5 (102 Views)

06-06-2012 11:22 AM in reply to: mrattray

Ah, I caught it! I was looking under sub-environment but, I didn't realize that "Placed Features" meant comp patterns. I thought it meant assembly features (i.e. holes).

Thanks!

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube