Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many "Do you want to check it out now?" prompts when opening an assembly?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mjohanson
1023 Views, 3 Replies

Many "Do you want to check it out now?" prompts when opening an assembly?

I've been having this issue for quite a while where upon attempting to open a file (either locally or from vault) I will get a string of check out prompts to which I reply "no to all" for each instance (except the top assembly I want to edit).  I will also get a locked file prompt (edits will not be saved, do you want to continue) to which I need to reply "yes".  This process can take up to 30 minutes to get through just to open a file.  Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cwhetten
in reply to: mjohanson

Let me see if I understand you.  You tell Inventor that you don't want to check the files out but then you say "Yes" when it asks if you want to edit the files.  If you are editing the files, don't you want to check them out so that you can save your changes to the vault?

In answer to your question, you can expand the check out prompt and check the option to make it so that Inventor won't ask you again (see image).  It will apply whatever answer you give last to the rest of the files that it wants to check out.  But be careful, because it won't ask you again, even if you want to change your answer later.  You will either have to close your assembly or restart Inventor (I'm not sure which action will reset the "this session" deal).

DontPromptAgain.png

-cwhetten

Message 3 of 4
mjohanson

Thanks for you response.  I am aware of the prompt controls and have directed inventor to not check out and not prompt again for the session.  I was wondering if anyone knows WHY I am getting this string of check out prompts when I only opened the top assembly.  As for the locked files, I must reply "yes" I want to continue editing MY assembly or the action would be cancelled.  It is impossible to edit a locked file.  The locked file prompts just add insult to injury here.  Anyone having this issue or even better have any insight as to why it's happening?

Message 4 of 4
cwhetten

I wish I knew why Inventor thinks it needs to save a slew of files when there have been no changes.  See this thread for other users with the same frustration.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report