Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing LOD with iLogic causes offen Inventor freez/crush

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
axa-61
277 Views, 5 Replies

Managing LOD with iLogic causes offen Inventor freez/crush

Hi,

I use simple set of iLogic rules to manage product configuration through the assembly LOD. Assembly is really simple not more then 30-50 parts. Still I manage to crush Inventor fairly often. Some days 5 and more crushes! Several times sent crush report to AutoDesk for no joy. Never got any feedback. 

I wonder if someone uses LOD+iLogic as assembly configuration tool and experience that kind of troubles. I am just getting an impression that Inventor does not like LOD manipulated with iLogic for some or the other reason...

Inventor 2013 SP2
Windows 7, 64 bits
RAM 18GB
Core TM2 Duo CPU 2,99 Gz
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: axa-61

Are you using the Master LOD for anything?
Are you actually changing between different LOD's, each LOD representing a different product configuration or are you simply suppressing and un-suppressing parts to generate a configuration?
I use iLogic to manipulate LOD's all day with very little issues.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 6
axa-61

Hi, Assembly is parameter driven through linked Excel spread sheet. I am always using one and same LOD called "Option" to generate a new product configuration (based on Excel input) by suppressing parts/constrains with help of iLogic.

Inventor 2013 SP2
Windows 7, 64 bits
RAM 18GB
Core TM2 Duo CPU 2,99 Gz
Message 4 of 6
mrattray

So your "LOD operations" are really just Component.IsActive? I never have issues with this, and I have multiple users here who use my configurators that run on the IsActive method all day. You shouldn't be having issues.
Do you use any iParts in your assemblies?
Is there any chance you can post an example data set that shows your issues here? That it make it much easier to diagnose your issue.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 6
axa-61

Yes it really so simple as you describe. I did try with iPrts/assemblies but found this more complicated and really useless as proper CONFIGURATION management tool when it comes to hundreds different combinations of components.

I can try to post my files over week end. Thank you so far.

Inventor 2013 SP2
Windows 7, 64 bits
RAM 18GB
Core TM2 Duo CPU 2,99 Gz
Message 6 of 6
swordmaster

Like you i have one custom Lod (I name it ilogic) and use componentIsActive and ilogic rules to configure the Assembly.

I have multiple users using my assemblies every single day and rarely (almost never) have issues

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report