Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making custom sized flexible hose

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
evannfernandez
4623 Views, 5 Replies

Making custom sized flexible hose

I need to make a 1/8" diameter flexible hose, but the sizes listed for the Parker Hydraulic Hose only go down to 1/4". The closest solution I could find is here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/new-hose-style/td-p/1486189

Here is what I did:

In my assembly, click "Place From Content Center"

Find "Parker Hydraulic Hose"

When I right click on it, the only selection is "Add to Favorites"

Double click on "Parker Hydraulic Hose"

Go to "Table View" tab

Right click on a row, but there is no "Input" selection.

Help will be very appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I still haven't figured it out. I'm just going to have to sweep it, huh?

Message 3 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: evannfernandez

You will have to add that size to the family table of the tube conduit itself.  Do you have any custom Content Center libraries already set up?

If so, go to the CC Editor, Tube & Pipe and look under Conduits.  Make sure there are no standards or MFG filters in place and you SHOULD see the Parker Hydraulic hose family in there.  Right click on it and select Save Copy As... save it to a custom family with whatever name you want.  Make it independant.

hose.JPG

Once you have it copied, right click on the new family to Edit Family Table.  You can add sizes right here, or add other columns of data such as part numbers, or metadata you want to export to iproperties on the hose parts as they get generated.

Head spinning yet?

Message 4 of 6
evannfernandez
in reply to: cbenner

Ahaha! My head is spinning, but the gears are turning! Thanks a lot!

Another issue though: I edited the family properties of the copy I made to suit my needs. But when I go to Tube and Pipe Styles and edit my style, I don't have an option for the 1/8" that I created. The fittings that I edited also aren't available. Hmm...

Message 5 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: evannfernandez

Sigh,... yeah, I've been down that road before.  You add one custom thing to your library and it ends up requiring you to create a dozen more before you can use it.  Fortunately you CAN do that.

You can use the same basic workflow to create custom libraries of your fittings as well, assuming you have access to the 1/8" dimensions that you need.

Content Center is a lot more powerful than some people know, I've done a lot of playing around to see what it is capable of and have probably only scratched the surface.  What I always tell people is, don't worry... copy families, play around with the tables, and then test your parts in a dummy assembly.  If something goes terribly wrong, you haven't affected any production work, and you can just delete that copied family and start over.  Let me know if you need a hand with those fittings.

Message 6 of 6
evannfernandez
in reply to: cbenner

Doing a 3D spline for this is impossible...

I see. I'll fiddle around with my custom content center some more.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report