Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Cable Look like its Growing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DonnyMiller
302 Views, 3 Replies

Making Cable Look like its Growing

Hello ,

Im working on this video where I have an assembly that is basically a drum wire wrap, and the cable wrapped around it appears to be growing as if the wire was actually stretching and moving from one end to the other and wrapping around another drum. The guy working before me labeled it "travel driver" and I really don't understand what's going on to make the cable travel and appear like its growing or stretching to reach the other side of the part. I can't show you a video because his inventor animation does not work anymore it errors with "failure to update model"

If anyone has any information on what "travel driver" might mean and how to make something look like its growing or stretching and traveling distance, your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: DonnyMiller

My guess is Drive Constraint or a Animate Parameter was intended.
Can you attach the assembly here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
guyh
in reply to: JDMather

can you upload the files?

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 4 of 4
DonnyMiller
in reply to: DonnyMiller

Im attaching a render I just made, I think I have a small understanding as to whats going on. Its seems there are two plates on either side of the small cable piece and the cable piece is made adaptive, both ends of the cable are mated to a plate. Then the "travel driver" is just a mate between the two plates and he animated the the distance between the two plates to become larger, and because the cable is adaptive , it looks likes its growing because its mated to the plate and the plate is moving so the adaptive piece grows to hold the mate?

Im sorry for the wording I think thats what he's done and I rendered what I think is what he did. I still dont know if im doing this right because I only found this assembly and animated the distance between the plates I didnt make the assembly file.

On a side note, I used the techsmith codec and you Im pretty sure you will need it to watch my render, so heres a link for it

http://www.techsmith.com/codecs.asp

Thank you for any help and your time in the matter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report