Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Part > Component Properties dialog box is not working

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
WillieArolf
786 Views, 12 Replies

Make Part > Component Properties dialog box is not working

Hi,

I have recently installed "Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2012 English Win 64bit"., and now I would like to create thru "Make Part" feature an assembly in which I am using in the previous version 2011. The feature options are not working.

Step to re-create:

1. Manage Tab > Make Part

2. Under "Place part in target assembly" click the Folder button on New File Location

3. A "Component Properties" dialog box will appear. Now, click "YES" or "NO" button, dialog box closes.....

FAIL.... How do I re-solve this issue???

PC Configuration:

Operating System:      Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 2

Memory:                      8GB RAM

Processor:                  Intel(R) Pentium(R) III Xeon processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Video Graphics:          NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700

Display Memory:         512.0 MB

DirectX Version:         DirectX 9.0c

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
Windows 7, 64-bit
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
scottmoyse
in reply to: WillieArolf

Exaclty the same thing happened with one of the installs in my office. Restarting inventor fixed it for us. I hope it does for you, since its kinda awkward otherwise. You have to accept the assy it gives you, save the parts, delete them from the assy, and then re add them to the correct one.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 3 of 13
WillieArolf

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the info but, NO, it does not solve the problem by re-starting Inventor. I do not think that it would be a good workaround in order to fix my issues. How can that happen when it was working properly in the older version!!! How and why did this went through the QA engineers???

This feature is pretty much usefull to users like me that does more assembly by the help of multi solid bodies...
Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Windows 7, 64-bit
Message 4 of 13
scottmoyse

I'm sorry about that. It came up for us a couple of times (not everytime) and restarting INV sorted it. Otherwise of course its not an appropriate work around.

It does seem INV 2012 is behaving inconsistently on different installs.

One of my machines doesn't have the F8 & F9 constraint visibility toggle set, but all the others do. With no way to actually set it! What is that all about? Reinstalling didn't make any difference.

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 13
WillieArolf
in reply to: scottmoyse

I have another yet a newly re-formatted system same configuration as what I am currently using. Still the problem occur.

I am wondering why? nobody from Autodesk bother answering this issue...

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Windows 7, 64-bit
Message 6 of 13
agittoes

I have found that once you have loaded the drawing environment the browse button stops working. If you start Inventor and only open or work in parts or assemblies the button will continue to work. Obviously the drawing environment loads something that breaks the browse button.

Message 7 of 13
scottmoyse
in reply to: agittoes

Its when you open a drawing that contains any files that reference the Solid Body model source file. It also happens if you open an assembly that references one.

Its been accepted as a defect but hasn't been fixed in SP1

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
WillieArolf
in reply to: scottmoyse

I do not see difficulty on fixing the defect they just have to run a regression test to see where the code breaks. I am not a programmer but issues like these should not take time to fix.

Thanks & Regards,

Willie
Windows 7, 64-bit
Message 9 of 13
johnsonshiue

Willie,

This is new to me. It seems to work fine on my machine. Is it possible that a part with the same name already exists in the target assembly? Could you send me the dataset exhibiting the behavior? I can set up a secure account for you to upload. Please send me an email if you are ready to share.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 13
kmiller

Ours also does this and I think it is when the drawing environment is loaded. But ours is on the make components dialog.  Try these steps to reproduce:

1.  open a part.

2.  click make components dialog

3. select as assembly template

4.  click on the folder icon to browse for a path to save the assembly.  Click yes if you want to create a new assembly.

5.  New component dialog pops up.

Works normally at this point. 

Now do this and it won't work. 

1.  open a drawing to load the drawing environment

2.  go to the part file you had open

3.  repeat steps 1 through 4 in the section above

the new components dialog will not pop up.  This won't work until you close down inventor and re-open without re-opening a dwg file.

Since then has there been a fix for this released??

Katie

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this response answers your question please click "Accept as Solution".
Message 11 of 13
ken_kaiser

Aftering installing Update1 for SP2, this still is not fixed.  Will this get fixed?

Message 12 of 13
kmiller
in reply to: ken_kaiser

Hi there,

I believe it's fixed in Inventor 2013.  From what I could tell anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this response answers your question please click "Accept as Solution".
Message 13 of 13
ken_kaiser
in reply to: kmiller

Sorry, project is in 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report