Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Part From Surfaces

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
j_berry
396 Views, 3 Replies

Make Part From Surfaces

I'm trying to make a solid part from the attached file. I tried sculpting the part but only the sides of the bracket become solids. Any suggestions?

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 SP2
Windows 7 Pro SP1
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: j_berry

You are missing a bunch of surfaces.

Use the Patch command to close up the model.

Also, this would be an assembly and you have intersecting parts.

intersecting.PNG

Do you want it as an assembly, as a multi-body solid or as a monolithic solid?

I tried to attach the fixed solid(s), but got an error.  I'll try again later if you don't figure out the repair.

Bracket.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: JDMather

That's a lot of work for a simple bracket consisting of a sheet-metal base and two flanges that are the same.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4
j_berry
in reply to: JDMather

Sorry JD, I only saw the first line of your reply in the message board notfication email and decided to try something different. I used the sides of the bracket that successfully sculpted and filled in whatever was missing. I didn't realize how much work you were putting into your reply, no need to keep going with the surfaces, but thank you!

This was a part from a larger assembly in an AutoCAD file that I tried to import. I thought I could be crafty with importing it but it just ending up being more work than creating it from scratch.

Thanks for the input, kudos all around.

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 SP2
Windows 7 Pro SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report