Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac? :(

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sciguy77
567 Views, 7 Replies

Mac? :(

The Autodesk Inventor requirements systems seems to say that IV works on macs, namely by having a "For Macintosh Users" section that fails to mention that their software is windows only.

http://usa.autodesk.com/autodesk-inventor/system-requirements/

I use AutoCAD on my mac, and I really hope I'm just missing something, because when I went to buy IV there was no mac version.

I've bought VMWare and now I'm trying to get ahold of a windows 7 disk and a USB disk drive for my air.

Is it possible to get IV natively on a mac?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: sciguy77

nope there is no such thing as inventor for the mac

system requirements to run on a mac:

Boot Camp
You can install Autodesk® Inventor® Professional software on a Mac® computer on a Windows partition. The system must use Boot Camp® to manage a dual OS configuration and meet the minimum system requirements.

• Mac OS® X 10.5.x
  • Boot Camp V 2.0 or higher
  • Intel-based Mac (64-bit Windows Vista requires an Intel Core™2 duo or Xeon processor)
  • 3 GB RAM (Recommend 4 GB for 32-bit Windows OS, 8 GB or more for 64-bit Windows OS)
  • 20 GB disk space for Apple OS partition or Windows OS partition

Mac Virtualization on Parallels Desktop
Autodesk Inventor Professional can be used on the Mac via Parallels Desktop for Mac without having to boot directly into the Windows OS, so it is easy to switch between platforms. The system must meet the following requirements:

• Mac OS X 10.6.x
  • Parallels Desktop 5.0 (5.0.9344 or higher)
  • Intel based Mac (64-bit Windows Vista requires an Intel Core 2 duo or Xeon processor)
  • Minimum 4 GB RAM (6 GB system memory for 32-bit Windows OS, 8 GB or more for 64-bit Windows OS recommended)
  • Minimum 40 GB available disk space (100 GB recommended)

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
swalton

Pick either parallels or boot camp, not both.  The licencing engine gets confused if you switch back and forth.  see other posts on this issue in the fourm. 

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 4 of 8
sciguy77

Got it on BootCamp and designed my 1st part, thanks everyone!

Message 5 of 8
schneik-adsk

We have started posting more information and videos on the upcoming Inventor Fusion for Mac Technology that was unveiled at AU this past December. If you find this interesting check it out on Feacebook.

Kevin Schneider
Tags (2)
Message 6 of 8
sciguy77

Thanks Kevin! When will this be avilable? Are there beta oppertunities? Running on Bootcamp has been a huge pain to be honest.

EDIT: I went to the download link on Facebook, and it was an exe file (I clicked on the 64 bit link).

Message 7 of 8
schneik-adsk

It will be available soon!

Kevin Schneider
Message 8 of 8
sciguy77
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Hah! You got my hopes up. I imagine the mac release date is still on the DL? Cough twice if its coming out in the next 2 months. 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report