Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS, AN, MIL-SPEC FASTENERS

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
561 Views, 5 Replies

MS, AN, MIL-SPEC FASTENERS

does anyone know of a good place to select military fasteners based on description instead of the numbers? I'm designing some new machines and have no idea what the numbers are, but I know what kind of bolts/nuts/washers i need. Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That was a little confusing, I'm really looking for a site that tells me what each bolt is, not somewhere to order from
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

boilerchip wrote: > That was a little confusing, I'm really looking for a site that tells me what each bolt is, not somewhere to order from Download the appropriate pages from the McMaster-Carr web site. They have the mil-spec numbers for hardware along with the physical dimensions.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

This is a good suggestion. You may also want to contact your hardware vendors. They can probably point you in the right direction if you know what you want.

Dan
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Are you looking for a list of hardware by description or solid model parts/ iparts with the part numbers inbedded and able to pick options? We use mil parts and get mil specs from http://assist.daps.dla.mil/quicksearch/
I have also modified some iparts to include mil part number but we insert and pick by type/size
Fred
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks guys. Basically I wanted to set up military recognized stainless steel fasteners as a series of all of our typically used sizes for this project before I really got going.

My company does not use iparts, so I have modeled 1/4 through 3/4 inch fasteners for these parts and should have everything I need. Mcmaster Carr seemed to have what I needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report