Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

_MIR parts

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
bengee54
1039 Views, 9 Replies

_MIR parts

hello,

I am creating an assembly. A lot of the parts appear more than once so I thought it would be easier to mirror them.

All was going well until I created my drawing and from that a parts list. The resulting parts list was misleading.....

I had created a part called 'post'. I mirrored this, so i expected to see post, QTY: 2 in my parts list. What i saw was:

post_mir:1

Is there a way to stop the _mir?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: bengee54

When you mirrored you made it a new part..hence the new part number

Try to use reuse instead of mirror in the mirror options/status

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-7B19CA69-8D14-40DA-9543-115A8AFE6336

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 10
bengee54
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks,

I guess i was being a tad lazy and chose to mirror instead of placing/adding constraints.

I was hoping that there'd be a option to mirror the part without creating new part.....sadly not.

oh well, back to the drawing board....

Thanks

Message 4 of 10
bengee54

Thanks,

I guess i was being a tad lazy and chose to mirror instead of placing/adding constraints.

I was hoping that there'd be a option to mirror the part without creating new part.....sadly not.

oh well, back to the drawing board....

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
GSE_Dan_A

There is a way to mirror components without getting the '_MIR' suffix....

When using the Mirror Command in Assembly, you MUST select the Yellow circle and then select the Components in the Tree.  You will notce the Circles next to the component name change from Green to Yellow.  The Mirrored Parts will then be previewed in a Yellow Wire Frame.  This is reusing the parts without actually creating new Mirrored Components.

Mirrored Components.jpg

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 6 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

Guess he was being lazy again and not reading the help document I clearly posted Smiley Tongue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 10
GSE_Dan_A

Smiley Very Happy.... If it was Monday or Firday, I would of understood his laziness...

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 8 of 10
spackle42

Just wondering, why not just pattern your parts?

Justin Smith

Inventor Pro 2015 SP1
HP Z400 Workstation
Intel Xeon W3565 @ 3.20GHz
12Gb RAM
Win 7 64 Pro SP1
Spacepilot Pro v3.17.4
Message 9 of 10
bengee54
in reply to: spackle42

Maybe I should've used the pattern feature, but as the components were symmetrical about the system plane I just thought mirroring them would be easier.

mcgyver/GSE_Dan_A,

i agree, I must've had an extremely lazy day. I can only offer my apologies for not reading the help file properly Smiley Surprised 

Message 10 of 10
karthur1

@bengee54 wrote:

Maybe I should've used the pattern feature, but as the components were symmetrical about the system plane I just thought mirroring them would be easier.

If they were symmetric about a plane, place the second part and use the new "Synmmetry" constraint.

2014-06-11_0723.png

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report