Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Louver Punch

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jfleeger
5038 Views, 4 Replies

Louver Punch

Has anyone used the cbliss Louver Punch (http://www.cbliss.com/inventor/iFeatures/index.htm) with Inventor 2012?

Everytime I try I get an error: "The file has 0 Hole Centers in its Interface Sketch. To be a valid Template, the Interface Sketch must contain exactly 1 Hole Center"

It worked fine in 2010.

Any Idea how to resolve this error?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
xiaoyan.qi
in reply to: jfleeger

Hi, Thanks for your post

you can use the Insert iFeature command to insert the "Punch" (Manage tab->Insert iFeature)

InsertIfeature.jpg

in inventor, iFeature and Punch are both iFeature, but there are some difference between them on creating and using. for punch tool, when you create it, you need contain a center mark in the sketch, so when you try to insert punch tool, you need to create a sketch and add center point in the sketch. but it's not required on iFeature.

Hope it's helpful

Thanks

Mick 

Message 3 of 5
jfleeger
in reply to: xiaoyan.qi

I want to know why the Punch I used successfully in IV 2010 doesn't work in 2012, or how to fix it.

I downloaded the Punch from cbliss, saved it in my Punches folder, migrated it to 2012. Created a sheetmetal part, created a sketch with a pattern of center points and then tried to use the punch.

This is the exact same procedure I used successfully in 2010.

If Punch would work, I would be able to insert the features I need with one sketch and one Punch.

If I were to have to use iFeature, it would take two iFeatures and two feature patterns.

BTW I did find a work around, I was able to copy and modify a part that I had created with IV 2010 that used this punch.

Message 4 of 5
Mike_Maenpaa
in reply to: jfleeger

There are two on http://www.cbliss.com/inventor/iFeatures/index.htm

Which one are you using, Louver.ide or LouvrePunch.ide?

Mike

Message 5 of 5
jfleeger
in reply to: Mike_Maenpaa

Thank you for making me feel like an idiot. Sorry I wasted everyone's time. I was using the wrong one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report