Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for the right technique to fill a concave space

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ajohnson1993
456 Views, 2 Replies

Looking for the right technique to fill a concave space

Hey guys, I am working on a project and need some help figuring out a way to fill a concave space I have with a seperate solid that takes up the exact amount of space. I would like for this new solid to be its own part. I will post a picture so you can understand what I am reffering to. As you can see, there is a concave space in the middle of the design; what I am looking to do is fill this area with a type of foam, so I need to model something that fills all the spaces up to the top plane. 

I have tried using the thicken/offset tool but it gives me errors on vertexs and such and I have tried many different selection variants. I did get the space to fill in but then ran into the problem of it being all one solid, not something I could take out and make a different part, which is what I am looking to do.

Hopefully this makes sesnse, if not, feel free to ask any questions. I will post my ipt file for those who need it.

Thanks!

FinalCarbonBacking.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: ajohnson1993

Is something like this what you are after?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
ajohnson1993
in reply to: JDMather

Yes! That will work perfectly, thank you very much for your help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report