Inventor General Discussion

daniel.pinsonneault
Message 11 of 14 (106 Views)

Re: Lofted surface transition

05-02-2012 03:08 PM in reply to: daniel.pinsonneault

Thank you very much M. Mather

I agree with you about the simplicity of the sketchs. This part was originally modeled with Catia and I have tried to use the same dimensioning that I found on the original drawing.

Your solution #1 is more acceptable to me because I need a shell thickness of .05 inch. In your rev. 1, I am unable to create a shell as low as .001 inch.

I think it would be simpler if I had better control of the lofted surface in my original IPT file.

Daniel P.

Inventor 2012 sp1

Windows 7 64 bits

8Mb Ram

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 12 of 14 (101 Views)

05-02-2012 03:37 PM in reply to: daniel.pinsonneault

daniel.pinsonneault wrote:

I think it would be simpler if I had better control of the lofted surface in my original IPT file.

I'm sure if you used rails you could get better results and should be able to shell to any thickness down to where the fillets (which I would do as fillet features, rather than sketch fillets) near zero radius.

Give it another try and if you don't get better results I will see if I can find time to improve the part.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
daniel.pinsonneault
Message 13 of 14 (95 Views)

05-02-2012 07:25 PM in reply to: JDMather

Thank you,

I will try with your recommandations this weekend and I will come back with the results.

daniel.pinsonneault
Message 14 of 14 (73 Views)

Re: Lofted surface transition SOLVED

05-10-2012 08:02 AM in reply to: daniel.pinsonneault

Finally got it with JD's recommandations.

Thank you very much.

Daniel P.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube