Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lofted Flange extra bend...Why??

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
501 Views, 5 Replies

Lofted Flange extra bend...Why??

I have tried to do a lofted flange. It works, but there is an extra bend that I don't understand why it is there. The bends, I would assume, should be symmetrical but they are not. I have attached the part. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: Anonymous

Here's another method. Perhaps not the best, but it works.. I suggest keeping your sketches simpler. You have too many dimensions.

Edit: the forum is acting up and not letting me attach my part. I'll try again latter.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 6
rdyson
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you really need this to be lofted? It's a sheetmetal part after all.
That aside, I don't know why the loft is mapping the sketches properly but if you add a .25 radius to the four bottom corners of the sketches, it will give the part you're looking for.

PDSU 2016
Message 4 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: rdyson

(S)He probably wants a loft so that she can get a faceted radius that can be produced with a press brake. I often do the same thing. It would be slick if Contour flange could give us facets but...
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: mrattray

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 6
rdyson
in reply to: mrattray

You might take another look at the OP's file. His sketches were just a bit different.

PDSU 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report