Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kevin.vayro
392 Views, 4 Replies

Loft Problem

Is it possible to loft a shape which includes a hole or a section missing?

I am trying to loft the following shape but it doesn't seem to work with the missing section in the middle. Currently the 2 sketches are the same but in the actual design they aren't. i wanted to test if it would work with the same sketches but it doesn't.

Pedal Loft.JPG

If it is not possible what would be the easiest solution?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: kevin.vayro

Why not just extrude it?

Message 3 of 5
kevin.vayro
in reply to: Anonymous

I want a curved profile to the edge, I just haven't included it. I thought loft would be the easiest way but maybe it isn't.

I'm trying to achieve a similar profile to what is in this image.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: kevin.vayro

Loft in two steps.

Step one for the outer shape.

Step 2 to cut the holes.

Attach your file here if you can't figure it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
sam_m
in reply to: JDMather

to elaborate on JD's post - Inventor cannot loft a profile with a void in the middle to create a lofted tube.  But I can loft the exterior face and then loft the interior face (with a cut) to create what is desired in 2 steps.

Assuming you are using rails with your loft (instead of centre-line), to give you a curve/bulge to the shape along the length of the loft, then you're probably going to want a set of rails for both the inner and outer profile to get them to match.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report