Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft Function issue "Multiple Disjoint Loops found in section"

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
raabebh92
1556 Views, 8 Replies

Loft Function issue "Multiple Disjoint Loops found in section"

Hi, I am currently attempting to loft curved air foil sections around a central axis for an engine air particle separator. I have two projected profile sections (one on the outer cylinder, one on the inner cylinder). I've tried various connecting lines between them. No matter what I try I get the error in the subject line. In the attached IPT the last three 3d sketches are of interest. They are derived from the 2d "Front fin profile" sketch via a few projections. For the design of the device it is particularly important these blades remain perpendicular to the central axis of the device and curve/scale down (as handled by the surface projections) to properly spin the air entering the device. I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work: -Moving rail lines -changing how the 3d sketches are oriented (all in one sketch, all in separate, as it is now) -Using a cylindrical surface rather than the current, incorrect cylindrical extrusion -using the split tool to create two surfaces and lofting these surfaces along the rail lines. Thank you in advance for your help.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: raabebh92

Attach the *.ipt file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 9
raabebh92
in reply to: JDMather

My apologies for some reason the attachment didn't work properly in firefox (they just pushed an update out).

Message 4 of 9
WHolzwarth

Perhaps like that?

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
raabebh92
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Precisely, except the extrusion labled "temporary" must be replaced by a cylindrical surface and shrank so that it is inside the "spade" so to speak. I will be making many changes to this part, including angle of attack and wing cross-section.

What I am curious and is my primary problem is how did you get the loft function to work properly? (the rest I am familiar with).

Thanks!
Message 6 of 9
raabebh92

(May have just answered my own question)

Did you split the spline and loft two surfaces, then build the solid out of them? Its 3 am here! This is for a senior capstone project for my Bachelors degree, we will be using 3d printing to iterate this design next semester.
Message 7 of 9
WHolzwarth

You're right. Splitting into two regions sometimes has better results.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
raabebh92
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Final result of described concept. Thanks for your help!  Also for reference for those who may find this thread later.

Message 9 of 9
WHolzwarth

Looks good. Have fun further with your project.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report