Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locating a standard screw....5days later...

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
881 Views, 6 Replies

Locating a standard screw....5days later...

Hi all,

I have been scouring through the Content Center looking for a #6 screw to fit my project and I cannot find one anywhere. What is up with that? The #6 label is from the Ansi unified standard so I don't understand why I can't find it in the Content Center. Am I just missing it or does it not exist? I was able to use the standard settings while making the holes for it so one would think that the screw would be provided as well. Also if it does exist why doesn't it come up during the search "#6". Also why are the fasteners details listed differently from the holes that fit them? Seems like a complete mess.

Thanks

Ps. I'm not a very technical lingo kinda person so perhaps I'm missing some important detail however, it seems to me after crawling everywhere on the net looking up dimensions and techinical information on "standard" parts, there is a severe lack of coordination and organization here. Even with considering the so called "standards" listed.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
-Aaron-
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't know if this is what your looking for but I picked the first phillips head screw in the Round Head fastener category.  I hovered over my #6 hole (created from hole dialog) and it selected the #6 screw.  I was then able to complete constraints through iMates...

See my signature for the IV version...

-Aaron-
Formerly ASI_Aaron
i7-6700k
ASUS Z170-AR
Gigabyte GTX 970
16gb RAM
512gb Samsung 950 Pro
Message 3 of 7
dick_upton

On the contrary, the Content Center is HIGHLY organized and coordinated. The authors painstakingly documented hundreds of standards to be sure that all of us could use it.

We have lost a true Content Center luminary in Dennis Jeffrey but maybe I can help you muddle through.

First:

What version of Inventor are you using?

What kind of #6 ANSI screw do you need? Saying ANSI narrows it down from about 400 families to about 100.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: -Aaron-

thanks, since you found atleast a #6 in the in name of the screw I was able to find the one I needed. I do have a problem with interference though. The hole threads match the screw threads: size, etc.. according to the settings. But the "Analyze Interference" option in the Inspect tab shows that the screw diameter is larger than the hole diameter.

Message 5 of 7
DonovanCox

That's to be expected, the fastener is modeled to the larger diameter, the hole to the smaller. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: DonovanCox

Ah ok ty that makes me feel better.

Message 7 of 7
blayfield

I am having the same issue, I used to be able to pick hex bolt/nut 'hex nut- inch" for example... and it was there. It isn't anymore, I create a #10 tapped hole and let content aware pick and says size unavailable and defaults to the smallest one which is 1/4" So did they get moved? I tried through search as well and can't find it. My collegue can't find it anymore either and we are on stand alone libraries. Any help appreciated...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report