Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of changes when updating drawing?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
stellan.einarsson
445 Views, 5 Replies

List of changes when updating drawing?

Hi!

I wounder if there is a way to see which dimensions that have been changed when you update a drawing? (after changing the model)

Best Regards

Stellan

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi

This kind of feature don't exist with inventor The only mid range software i've seen this is Solid Edge.

Maybe you can post a new idea in the ideaStation

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: yannick3

funny question IMO..

You just changed the model.. You should know which dimensions changed. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for your quick response!

Too bad, I really miss it.

I think I will do that.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
chad38
in reply to: mcgyvr

There are many reasons why this is a good question. Maybe it's just because I spent forever using solid edge, but I also would like to see a way to track dimension changes within a drawing.

First: dimensions may potentially change without you realizing it. Tracking dim changes draws your attention to any dimensions which changed. We all know how we WANT part modifications to affect the models and dims, but sometimes it changes dims in ways we may have not anticipated.

Second: It gives a simple, effective way to label the changed dimension with a revision level balloon, and all at once, all linked to the same rev level.

Third: In instances where the dimensions detach from geometry, it gives you an easy reminder about what those dim measurements were so you can be sure and reattach the same dimensions.

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 6 of 6
chad38
in reply to: mcgyvr

Also, how about in an assembly, you change one part, but the location of a surface that is on another part needs to stay in the same place, however you forgot this means you must modify the second part as well in order to ensure the location of that surface is still located where you need it to be.

Or with holes locations when inside different parts in an assembly. Modifications to one part may result in hole spacing changes.

I really can keep thinking up so many scenarios where tracking of dimension changes within drawings is very helpful. Almost common sense, even.

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report