Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liquid Animation (7 year old thread revival) just looking for some help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kliverance
332 Views, 2 Replies

Liquid Animation (7 year old thread revival) just looking for some help

I have been searching for months trying to find a way to animate liquid in autodesk inventor, I found this thread a week or two ago but am having trouble following this posters directions, the original thread link is here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Make-a-liquid-animation/td-p/2644191

These are his original directions:

Here is a link to the video directly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGoa9ah68Qs&feature=channel

While this isn't a out of the box solution (as in it takes some trickery), it is a great way to get your point accross without having to go to 3Ds Max to create this sort of thing.

Essentially what I did was first create my piping system (which you have)
Then I in my piping run I have about 9 (yes 9) reference components
In each of the reference components I have used the Copy Object command to copy in the pipe geometry. (make sure you get just the inner wall face)
Then I create two workplanes (one stationary and the other referencing the first WP offset from it), For the Elbows I used an angled WP.
I define this offset value with a parameter (make sure you name it and click the Export button as well)
I then use the Sculpt command on the copied pipe geometry with the WP to create the liquid.

Now that the setup is done, in Studio you use Animate Fades and Animate Parameters to create your result.
Have all the reference components at 0 Opacity at the beginning of the animation with instantaneous Fade.
Fade them in as need be and use Animate Parameters (with your parameters from each part) to control the liquid filling the pipe. With about 24-30 fps you will see the fluid flow rather well, just adjust your time amount for rate of flow.

The biggest drawback to this is that is is hard to change your system without recreating the process for a new part so make sure you have your design in the final stages before this piece of markeing happens.

I am trying to duplicate that almost exactly, I just need some help with the instructions left by the poster or even if I could post up what I have and get some help turning it into a liquid animation. Thank you everyone I don't know where I would be without the help offered here

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: kliverance

Attach your file(s) here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
kliverance
in reply to: JDMather

awesome I have to make a few changes and get it to fit as an attachment I will get it up asap

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report