Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Ipart to Parts List

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
857 Views, 7 Replies

Linking Ipart to Parts List

I am using various lengths of tubing to draw flexible tubing sets. I created a 1" profile and use iParts to create the rest of the lengths. I used iProperties I was able to write a description and set the material for the 1" profile. This is fine for the material since it doesn't change but I would like to get a description of tubing parts with their specific cut lengths in the BOM as well. 

So far, I have be successful in implementing the material via a column in the iPart table, but I have not been able to get anything to show up from the description column i made, much less link the description to the length of the part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Inventor version?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Sorry. 2011

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Anyone? trying to get the description an ipart to appear in a parts list.

Message 5 of 8
PENengr

Yes - how do you get ipart description information to link or show up in the parts list in the drawing?

Message 6 of 8
Steve_Bahr

See attached.  Edit the iPart table and enable the Properties tab.  Hit that >> to add.  You should then be able to edit the description.

Steve Bahr...since 1962.
in reply to: Steve_Bahr

You know I did that and thought that was the answer but it didn't corrolate with my dwg parts list.  This was a content center part (sht mtl scr) which was converted to ipart for us so maybe that's the rub.  It seems to carry the ANSI type standard from the content center. I appreciate your help. - greg

Message 8 of 8
Steve_Bahr
in reply to: PENengr

Well, it was worth a shot.  Glad I almost helped.

Steve Bahr...since 1962.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report