Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line issues from content center nuts when saving to Autocad dwg from IDW - 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fatherof3
454 Views, 5 Replies

Line issues from content center nuts when saving to Autocad dwg from IDW - 2013

Let's say we have an assembly that has nuts on it that were placed from Content Center (usually inserted using "Bolted Connections"). Whenever we create an IDW of this assembly, then save it as an Autocad drawing (using "save copy as" while in the IDW), the nuts do not show correctly, depending on their orientation. If the view is looking down on the flat of the nut, everything is ok. If the view is looking at the corner of the nut, then we get these goofy lines that come from the outside chamfers of the nut. I've tried this with the default templates, and with our own templates, and get the same result.

Our workaround now is to just erase these lines, which then leaves the view of the nuts incomplete.

Any ideas?

We are running Inventor Premium SP1. This also happened before SP1.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nathan.schultz
in reply to: fatherof3

We also are experiencing a problem where certain lines in the vendor created parts (.stp) appear in their correct orientation in the Inventor .dwg but when opening the same .dwg the standard AutoCAD mechanical (also attempted; opening in 2015 Trueview, 2013 AutoCAD Electrical, eporting as AutoCAD .dwg, exported as .pdf, ...) that comes with Inventor, the "lines" apperar outside of their correct orientation.

Currently using Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 64-bit Build: 200, Release: 2013 SP2 - Date: Fri 04/19/2013.

The length and direction of the "lines" appera to be inconsistent.  Any help would be appreciated.

FYI, we refuse to just accept this issue and must have resolution other than deleting lines after exporting into a 2D .dwg format.  There are just way too many components in our builds that are being effected by this issue and it is just not feasible to simply delete the lines.

Message 3 of 6
fatherof3
in reply to: nathan.schultz

There is a fix for this, I just have to find where I hid it. I'll post it as soon as I do. I think its something to do with a spline setting in Inventor, just a check box to check or uncheck.

Message 4 of 6
fatherof3
in reply to: nathan.schultz

This is the resolution to our problem, it might be a different issue according to what you described

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/inventor-2013-de-bug-export-idw-to-autocad...

Message 5 of 6
karthur1

When you export the file to Autocad, choose the options at the bottom of the "Save Copy As" dialog.  On the second screen of this dialog, in the configuration drop-down, use the attached "BetterSpline.ini".

2015-01-22_1158.png

Hope that helps,

Kirk

Message 6 of 6
nathan.schultz

Thank you.  I now know how to update the exported AutoCAD .dwg to not show the lines.

However, during the process of drawing review with the customer, we have need to send many iterations of these files for approval.  To do this, we have an easier time taking the Inventor .dwg and opening it in AutoCAD and printing .pdf's from there.  In my understanding, this approach still does not help us correct the issue without exporting to AutoCAD .dwg first.  Exporting to AutoCAD .dwg is more time consuming as we have many drawings to do this to multiple times a day.

Ideally we would like to change the configuration in Inventor such that in AutoCAD we will be able to open the Inventor .dwg as is and print form .pdf's there.  Please assits.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report