Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer Utility Error

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
howardlee306
963 Views, 5 Replies

License Transfer Utility Error

I have permission from my boss to work from home using the license transfer utility. However it keeps telling me my serial number is invalid when I try to export it. But that is the serial number referenced when you go to help>about.

Both computers have 2013 installed. How does the software work with that serial number but the license exporter think it is invalid?

Thanks All,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: howardlee306

How many computers do you have 2013 installed on using this same license code?

My understanding is one transfer license per one purchased license code.

What version of 2013 do you have?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
howardlee306
in reply to: Cadmanto

Each PC has it's own lisence bought through our resellers. Now we did install 2014 but had to downgrade to 2013 through our subscription because we did not have time to upgrade all the other computers. But 2014 has been removed for the time being. Would that have something to do with it?

Message 4 of 6
Cadmanto

When you uninstalled 2014 did you do a

Clean Uninstall of 2014  before reinstalling 2013?

If you didn't it is possible the registry is still using 2014 settings which might be messing with your license.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 6
howardlee306
in reply to: Cadmanto

Unfortunately, I am not an administrator on my PC so someone else had installed all this before I got the computer. But that sounds like the most likely cause of the problem. I will have to contact our resellers to see if this can be fixed.

Thank You for all your help.

Message 6 of 6
aargear

Find "?" and About Autodesk Inventor.....

Next Product information.

20130730.jpg

License transfer utility only for standalone license type.

For network license type use Borrow or connect to license server by VPN.

Read HULA before using home serial!

If possible, ask subscription support about home serial for network license type serial (probably, extended for 2013 now).

For standalone license home (second) serial = main serial (sorry, I have not info about expiration date for home serial).

Verify Product KEY also (for 2013, 2014, PDSU, PDSP etc.).

WBR

AA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report