Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level of Detail and suppression of pattern elements

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
KF090
1218 Views, 3 Replies

Level of Detail and suppression of pattern elements

I'm trying to create a LoD to use in a drawing.  The part I want to show is patterened within the assembly.  I create the new LoD and suppress all the parts but the ones I want to show.  When I suppress the elements in the pattern that I do not need to show they then are suppress in the Master LoD also while all the parts that are not patterned show up.

Is there a way to do this without having to make each part in each element invisible in the drawing browser bar?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KF090
in reply to: KF090

Nobody has any input, advice or opinions on this issue????

Message 3 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: KF090

Hi KF090,

I think you're confusing suppressing pattern elements with suppressing the actual component. You want to expand the pattern and suppress the actual part or subassembly, rather than suppressing the element. Keep in mind that you can pattern multiple components in a pattern so you can suppress them in the LOD individually, where as if you suppress the pattern element you would suppress them all in the pattern (not just the LOD).

In the screen shot below:

Element 3 is suppressed as a pattern element, and is therefore suppressed in the Master LOD as well as the current LOD

Element 4 has both patterned components suppressed in the the current LOD

Element 5 has just the part suppressed and the subassembly set to its own LOD (called simple) in the current LOD

Element 6 has the subassembly suppressed in the current LOD

Element 7 has the subassembly expanded and one of the parts within it has been suppressed from the top level assembly in the current LOD, so a local or temporary LOD is created at the top level assembly and denoted by the (~1)

Autodesk Inventor LOD Suppress Pattern.png

So you can get a great deal of flexibility by suppressing elements or portions of the elements, depending on your need.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,

Curtis

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/

Message 4 of 4
KF090
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thank you very much.  I don't know why I didn't just keep going down into the parts in each element and suppress them there but thank you for the information.  Makes things so much easier now.  Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report