Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level Of Detail Custom Views

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
DeerSpotter
399 Views, 8 Replies

Level Of Detail Custom Views

When i set a specific Plane in my new Level of Detail (Right click on the box set this view as "top") and save, i switch back to master and now the view from the new level of detail transferred over.

How can i make custom top,front,right niews for my new level of detail so it wont affect other details (especially my master view)

Thanks!

Max

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
blair
in reply to: DeerSpotter

I believe the Views are to the general modeling environment (parent level) at this time. You could post this at the IdeaStation: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/idb-p/v1232

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 9
DeerSpotter
in reply to: blair

i have seen in the past that you could put in the representation in any view you want, how they did it i yet have to discover. Maybe set a plane on the surface as top and in the drawing use that plane for import?

i dunno any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 4 of 9
blair

LOD is a memory tool to reduce the memory footprint and improve performance. View Reps and view orientation are completely different.

The same applies to View Reps as well. The view orentation (view-cube) sets the default for the complete modeling environment and not individual view reps or LOD's.

If you have created View Reps they will be in the Reps box, just select the view required or the LOD view required from the LOD box.

Capture1.JPG

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 9
DeerSpotter

Thank you, but im aware of that.

I want to define what the front plane is for that specific child view (level of representation) It may come in crooked and weird i want the top to be top. How do i define that for that specific detail without changing the whole master detail.

Edit** can orientation have custom views?

Thanks!

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 6 of 9
mrattray

Are you familiar with this button? It will allow you to place the view however you want. There's no other way that I'm familiar with to do what you're asking.

Capture.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 9
blair

If the model is not aligned to the view cube icons in the model, then this will cause your drawing views to come in funny. You can align the model in the work alignment but it will then affect all view reps and LOD's views.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 9
DeerSpotter

So in essense there is no way to have different aligned views in the detail rep and LOD's? I do understand you can rotate it in the drawing with that button. Sounds like a hassle to me... 😕

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 9 of 9
blair

You have your choice of: Front, Top, Side, Back, Bottom, Right, Left and Iso view when you do your view creation/placement in the drawing.

When you place a view, you have the choice of Rep Views and LOD views and then with each of these primary views you have the choice of Front, Top, Side, Back, Bottom, Right, Left and a couple of Iso views.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report