Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop Specs (Suggestions)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Alpha72
640 Views, 3 Replies

Laptop Specs (Suggestions)

So Im looking for a new laptop and I use Inventor / AutoCAD / Photoshop etc. I also play online games so hence why Im leaning toward a gaming laptop.

My questions is will this guild run Inventor / Solidworks / AutoCAD etc. Flawlessly? I figure now that Autodesk is open GLi this should run perfect with this build. Now I may buy from a 3rd party and drop in better ram but another than that what do you guys think?

Thanks

http://www.msimobile.com/level3_productpage.aspx?cid=6&id=337

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Alpha72

yep.. will work just fine.. good processing speed/plenty of RAM/good graphics (just a correction.. Its DirectX now not openGL..you just have it backwards )

It seems a tad bit pricey ... A quick check on an identical spec'd laptop (well almost 8G ram vs 12G) on cyberpowerpc.com (Xplorer X7-8500) customized from 4G to 8G ram is $1454 w/free shipping

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
Alpha72
in reply to: mcgyvr

My only thing is it worth getting the i7 processor or i5. I can save a couple hundred if I get an i5 3MB but didnt know if the i7 6MB would make a huge difference.

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Alpha72

@justinvoltz2417 wrote:

My only thing is it worth getting the i7 processor or i5. I can save a couple hundred if I get an i5 3MB but didnt know if the i7 6MB would make a huge difference.

Thats up to you to decide. There are plenty of i5 vs i7 benchmarks to help in your decision...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report