Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop ASUS K55DR for Inventor 2012

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
danckm
2346 Views, 8 Replies

Laptop ASUS K55DR for Inventor 2012

Hi everyone.

I found a laptop

Asus k55dr

-CPU:AMD Quad-Core A8 - 4500M - 4 x 1.90 Ghz
-LCD:15.6" HD Led Backlit (16:9)
-RAM:2GB DDR3
-HDD:500GB 5400rpm
-VGA:AMD Radeon® Mobility™ HD7640G + HD 7470M Dual Graphics with 1GB DDR3 VRAM
-ODD:8x DVD Super Multi
-WLAN:802.11 b/g/n GigaLan
-BATTERY:6 cell (2.52kg)
-OTHER:VGA WC,2xUSB 3.0, 1XUSB 2.0,VGA-out,Chiclet KB, Card Reader, HDMI, BT

is it " enough" for running inventor 2012 ( assembly is about 300 part)

Sory cuz my English.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks all.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
richiesuk
in reply to: danckm

64 bit Win7 & min 4Gb ram needed

Message 3 of 9
yannick3

Hi

What is your OS?    32 bit or 64 bit

i recommand 64 bit with minimum 6 GB ram

and your HD is to slow try to change it with SSD 256 GB or minimum 7200 rpm

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 4 of 9
danckm

Thank you for replying.

I only can upgrade to 6G with ram.the HDD can not be changed.Asus k55dr has no 7200rpm HDD or SSD.

How about graphic? AMD Radeon® Mobility™ HD7640G + HD 7470M Dual Graphics with 1GB DDR3 VRAM.

Sr my English 🙂

Message 5 of 9
yannick3

Hi

for your HD you can purchase one and create a copy of the original HD.

http://www.amazon.com/Mushkin-Direct-Chronos-480GB-Solid-State/dp/B00607H1TU

I've g74sx and i've installed two SSD

for the all other stuf it's enough for your works

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 6 of 9
sam_m

honestly don't think it would be suitable to work on anything more than a couple small parts.

2GB ram is way too little, as others have said.

But the real killer is the screen - according to Asus's website: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Versatile_Performance/K55DR/#specifications

The display is "15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768) LED Backlight" - so only 768 pixels tall.  You really need a 1080 or more screen to work with Inventor - 768 leaves such a small viewing area it's questionable how much work can be done.  Not to mention some of Inventor's menus are taller than 768 so you won't be able to see the OK or Cancel buttons to click on them...

as for the graphics card..

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

the "Radeon HD 7640G + 7470M Dual" scores a pretty bad 526, so it may well struggle with more than a couple parts anyway...  Honestly would doubt how well it would handle assemblies of about 300 parts (assuming they're not all simple square extrusions).  It will probably work and display something, but you'll soon be banging your head against a wall with how slow everything is.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 7 of 9
danckm
in reply to: sam_m

hi, sam_m.thank you fo replying.

I have a desktop with 1366x768 resolution and can see full tabs.why?

I'll upgrade to 6G ram.

According to benchmarks.Radeon HD 7640G + 7470M Dual scores 526 and individual Radeon HD 7640G scores 526 too.what is happening with dual graphics,is there no effect?Smiley Sad

Thanks you!

Message 8 of 9
sam_m

in the past laptop users have complained that some option boxes are too large for the screen and they are unable to see some of the buttons.  The System Requirements: http://usa.autodesk.com/autodesk-inventor/system-requirements/ says Inventor needs "1,280 x 1,024 or higher screen resolution" so I can only assume 1024 is the lowest vertical resolution for all the dialog boxes to fit on the screen with all the information.  I run at either 1680x1050 or 19200x1200 so do not know which dialog boxes are bad (or if this issue was fixed a few releases ago).  If you are already working with 1366x768 and are happy with it then fine.

If the dual Radeon cards work like the dual Nvidia Optimus system then the 2 graphics cards do not work together.  1 is a more powerful gpu for 3d work (and games) and the other is a lower-power 2d card for simple web-browsing or playing videos etc. that won't drain the battery as much.  So any benchmark will only test 1 card at any time, usually the high powered 3d card, which is why the result is the same.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 9 of 9
danckm
in reply to: sam_m

Thank you so so much Sam.

Perhaps asus k55dr is not good selection.Smiley Sad

I am student and  have short budget.Smiley Sad

I'll get Laptop Acer Aspire V3 571G.how do you think?

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 3210M, 2.50GHz

RAM: DDR3 6GB
Hardware: 500GB HDD
Display: 15.6" HD (1366 x 768 pixels)
Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M, 2GB
DVD: DVD Super Multi Double Layer
Weigh: 2.6kg

Sr about my English.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report